Registration under the VAT Law is mandatory or voluntary. Every taxable person, whether established in Bulgaria or not, who carries on taxable supplies of goods or services which are different from those where the tax is payable by the recipient must register for VAT.
VAT requires obligatory registration when:
• The turnover of your company reaches the amount of BGN 50,000 for the last 12 months;
• A threshold of BGN 70,000 is applied with regard to intra-community transactions and distance selling to Bulgaria.
When you make a sale in another country, in order to invoice excluding Tax, it’s necessary that:
- your client is taxable in another Member State,
- goods leave your Member State towards another Member State,
- the VAT number of your client appears on the invoice.
If these conditions are not met, you cannot invoice excluding Tax.
• VAT registration.
• Preparing and submitting to the Office of Tax returns VAT declaration on monthly basis.
• VAT refunds.
• Preparing of VAT protocols of import/export.
• VIES declarations and Intrastat.
• Accredited representation in the meaning of the VAT-Act.
• VAT 20%
• VAT on Tourism 9%
• VAT on EU Supplies 0%
• VAT on Export 0%