COMPANY FORMATION IN BULGARIA
The Bulgarian Commercial law allows for the following types of business organisations:
- Unlimited (general) partnership.
- Limited partnership.
- Private limited company.
- Single person private limited company.
- Public limited company (joint stock company).
- Public limited partnership.
- Sole trader.
- Joint venture.
- Representative office.
The main features of a Single-person and a Private limited Company (EOOD-OOD)
- The minimum threshold of share capital – EUR 1 (2 LEVA).
- At least one shareholder needed (company or private person).
- One director required (company or private person).
- The director can be local or foreigner person or a company.
The minimum required capital of the Public Limited Company (AD) under Bulgarian law is 50,000 Bulgarian levs (approximately EUR 25,564).
COMPANY FORMATION REQUIREMENTS
- Name of the company
- Register office address
- Main activity of the company